Location: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
This management team position is designed to facilitate Vantage’s continuous growth in delivering value-added protein products through customized processing solutions. Working together the right way in a high performance culture is how we deliver outstanding results for our customers and drive success in our business.
Lead shipping operations in a manner consistent with optimum productivity, regulatory compliance, and cost of goods sold. In the absence of the Distribution Manager, this position may assume this leadership role at the Service Center.
- Maintains a safe work environment for associates and requires all to adhere to GMP’s and maintains excellent food safety practices
- Develops a rapport with team and focuses on retention strategies with sound leadership for his supervisors
- Manages the unloading of raw material (Receiving Department) along with loading and dispatch of finished products (Shipping Department) in an efficient and timely manner to meet production and delivery requirements
- Directs and coordinates, through assigned reporting, Shipping Supervisors, activities associated with Service Center ongoing shipping and receiving requirements, utilizing knowledge of quality control standards, technology, process improvements, and the capabilities of people, equipment, and machines
- Confers with other management team members to establish shipping and receiving standards, develop budget and cost/diagnostic controls, and obtain data on quantities, product specifications, service levels requirements, and delivery times
- Manages and ensures efficient organization of the raw material cooler, finished goods storage, and dry goods inventories
- Assists in managing the supply of raw material to the production staff
- Provides the shipping and receiving teams with committed leadership on Lean Manufacturing principles and continuous process improvement techniques. Reinforces his/her commitment to continuous process improvement within the two areas
- Trains and develops hourly staff on the operation and routine maintenance of pertinent equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, etc.). Ensures regular maintenance of equipment
- Facilitates achievement of Company objectives in terms of product quality, efficiency targets, and customer service targets
- Enforces HACCP procedures and is committed to food safety
- Tracks and monitors hourly staff attendance. Oversees and administers discipline in line with Company’s discipline policy, including taking disciplinary statements
- Conducts accident investigations within the shipping and receiving areas. Provides a safe working environment for all employees
- Enforces compliance with Company Policies, all relevant state legislation requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
Your Skills and Competencies
In an environment that demands the highest standards in meeting on-time loading and dispatching requirements as established by our customer, you are committed to implementing on-time delivery standards using continuous improvement techniques, as well as being part of the management team to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives in terms of product quality, efficiency targets, and customer service targets.
You will also be accountable for the training and development of hourly staff on the operation and routine maintenance of pertinent equipment inside the Distribution Department.
You are confident in your abilities and comfortable in dealing with our customers and all levels of staff.
- A market competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefit package
- A well-resourced path to future career growth and a stated preference to promote from within where feasible
- Tangible rewards for demonstrated results
Purposely Shape Your Future
Join a core values driven company where employee engagement is an integral part of our culture.