As a member of the Human Resources team, this specialist position plays a key role in ensuring professional interaction with Vantage Foods’ current and potential employees, customers and the public. In this role, you will be providing support and assistance in a variety of means to include: clerical, translation, administrative and customer assistance, engagement, employee experience, training and development, investigations and onboarding.
- Assisting with employee issues, concerns, complaints and subsequent and investigations
- Becoming well versed in the employee handbook and policies to ensure they are being communicated and maintained
- Assisting with a variety of employee meetings including: creating lists, scheduling, and set up
- Coordinating and facilitating 15 Minute Meetings including: reserving the space, maintaining tracking standards, sending reminders and keeping facilitators on track
- Attending and contributing to the Vantage Employee Hardship Loan Committee
- Assist with Under 60 Day Evaluations including the printing, distribution, tracking and follow up of them
- Maintaining and presenting the Employee of the Month Program
- Maintaining Core Cash Boxes and monthly reporting
- Assisting in the planning and execution employee engagement events
- Tracking, setting up and preparing communications for the LEAD Training and Development Program
- Facilitating and sustaining the Translator Program
- Updating and monitoring the screens/displays throughout the facility, primarily the cafeteria
- Assisting with other HR functions as needed
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required
- Must be able and comfortable with working independently
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications
- Perform repetitive and redundant tasks with strong attention to detail
- Work independently to provide administrative support to a diverse management team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide high level customer service and demonstrate professionalism in demanding and challenging situations.
Standard heated/ventilated office environment. High traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions. Occasional exposure to plant conditions, cold temperatures wet areas, plant machinery and processes.