POSITION SUMMARY: The main role of the lead hand is to support supervisory staff by:
1. Demonstrating positive leadership qualities that are aligned with company values and philosophy.
2. Ensuring timely and efficient throughput of products
3. Ensure that all standard operating procedures are being met
4. Help train new & existing staff on production processes
5. Reporting any deficiencies in Grind Dept. processes and suggesting new alternatives/methods to improve these processes
6. Responsible for monitoring and communicating results and leading corrective action with regard to Safety, quality, production.
7. Ensuring final product specification
8. Ensure that all food safety procedures and practices are being followed
9. Ensure that all safety procedures and practices are being followed.
Operations: You are expected to help identify, prevent and resolve production downtime situations that lead to ineffective operations. In situations where downtime is unavoidable, you are expected to report to your supervisor to find alternate tasks.
Quality: Ensure that all food safety procedures and practices are being followed
1. Ensure safe work procedures are followed by all employees in the dept.
2. Ensure all staff is wearing proper personal protective equipment
3. Employees must work and act safely at all times and must accept equal responsibility for their personal safety and that of their co-workers.Some key behaviours that will prevent accidents that each employee must follow are: keep your mind and eyes on the task; keep your balance; understand and discover safe working procedures; keep healthy to avoid fatigue; avoid rushing; avoid complacency; avoid frustration.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Learn the basic skills of production planning
2. Ability to direct workforce in the absence of supervisory personnel
3. Determine appropriate personnel to call if problems arise
4. Understand basic crewing requirements
5. Manage and make decisions on day to day plant floor operations
6. Manage safety concerns
– Health & Safety Orientation
– On the job training