Reporting to the Grinds Superintendent in the Camp Hill, PA Service Center, the Production Supervisor has primary responsibility for meeting Vantage’s Brand Promise: defect free products, with a 98% fill rate and the lowest production costs in the industry. The Production Supervisor directly supervises hourly skilled and production employees to ensure customer orders can be met.
- Directly supervises hourly production employees, directing their activities and training them on production techniques and requirements.
- Works with the maintenance group to ensure production staff are appropriately trained in how to operate equipment, the equipment is operated properly and equipment downtime can be minimized.
- Provides direct supervision to accomplish work and food safety objectives.
- Trains and provides orientation to production facility for new employees. Ensures adequate training on all production equipment for all new hourly employees.
- Looks for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures. Encourages production employees’ ownership of continuous improvement program and outcomes.
- Provides leadership on workplace safety, occupational health and food safety initiatives with hourly production staff. Ensures understanding of and compliance with all food safety, USDA, HACCP and Company policies, operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manages hourly production employee performance, on both an individual and a team basis. Sets and tracks performance to targets, budgets and operating plans. Tracks and monitors hourly staff attendance and administers constructive discipline in line with Company’s discipline policy.
- Conducts accident investigations as required, including making and implementing any recommendations for policy changes, operational impacts or procedural changes.
- Additional duties as assigned
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong employee relations skills
- Supervisory/Management skills training
- Food and Workplace safety training
- Spanish/English bilingual desired but not required
- Use of payroll time keeping systems
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience in perishable food processing preferably with beef or pork.
- Expertise in least cost formulation.
- Incumbents will typically have meat processing experience, supplemented by a college / university education; or equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Experience with Microsoft office applications
- Experience in leading groups of operating employees, including setting team and individual objectives, managing individual and team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Refrigerated meat processing plant.
- Very cold temperatures
- Occasional office environment
- Exposure to industrial equipment, loud noises and variety of odors.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.