The Service Center Grinds – Floor Trainer provides on-the-job training to new employees on matters related to production procedures. Through interaction and observation of associates, assures that SOP’s and all established rules, policies and practices are followed by associates. Engages with production leadership through the onboarding and training process, establishing individual performance standards, offering training and instruction to help employees find success. Floor trainers are expected to model the Core Values through exemplary performance, conduct, attendance and adherence to Vantage policies and procedures.
- Provide on-the-job/hands-on training to new employees
- Train employees on product specifications and quality control.
- Assist with yield audit tests
- Conduct quality audits
- Document findings in observation walks
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitors product quality and gives direction to new associates on how to achieve the highest quality standards
- Reports quality issues to area supervisor for immediate address.
- Ensure adherence of the Core Values regarding food safety and quality products
- Conduct safety audits
- Monitors and addresses safety issues
- Conduct training on a wide variety of safety subjects.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and cultures
- Strong communication skills – clear, succinct, professional and appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of all systems and equipment used throughout the Service Center.
- Must be able to stand for a full shift and perform repetitive motions of the arms wrists and hands.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English proficiently.
- Bilingual ability in either Spanish or Nepali is preferred.
- Certifications or accreditation in training, first aid, safety, equipment operation or similar are also strongly preferred.
Environment: Exposed to all areas of the Service Center.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.