Responsible for janitorial services throughout common areas such as office areas, the adjoining hallways, stairs, break room, restrooms. Responsibilities may also include working in the frock room as needed.
- Sweep, mop, clean all areas as assigned, including, but not limited to, hallways, stairs, break room, bathrooms, and offices.
- Distribute required equipment to employees and visitors as needed.
- Ensure that used or soiled equipment is turned in prior to exchanging for new equipment.
- Keep janitorial closets neat, clean and organized and keep stock of supplies on hand.
- Use laundry machines to wash and dry equipment such as, but not limited, to gloves, sleeves.
- Due to the nature of this position, you may be required to help fill in for periods of time in other areas or perform a variety of other duties as assigned by supervision.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to read, write, and understand English. Bilingual a plus.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance record.
- Respond positively to changes in working environment.
- Deal positively with other team members – treat others as you would want to be treated – with respect and confidence.
- Understand the value of teamwork and reflect this understanding in your words and actions.
- Work in a positive manner to ensure the team’s success
- Must be self-disciplined and trustworthy.
- The smock room is not a processing area, although entrance to the processing facility is still expected. Temperatures range from hot to cold.
- Variety of odors associated with meat processing.
- Exposure to loud noises and moving industrial vehicle, conveyors and motors.
- Most of your duties will be in a professional area and your conduct and dress must be professional at all times.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.