The HR Supervisor will provide leadership and oversight of HR operational functions and assigned staff in the Camp Hill Service Center. As part of the Service Center management team, the HR Supervisor will actively participate in the tactical human resource task and strategic planning to maintain compliance with Federal and State labor laws as well as sound HR practices. The HR Supervisor will participate in achieving goals pertaining to employee relations, and human resources matters, including retention, performance management, learning management, rewards management, discipline, and recognition.
- Directly supervise HR operational staff
- Partner with Service Center Management in monitoring consistent application of Company policies
- Provide advice to Service Center management team to ensure staff is managed in accordance with established employment procedures and policies.
- Work with other management team members on staff corrective action and discipline issues and resolutions within the Service Center
- Monitor employee absenteeism and provide advice to Service Center management team
- Follow up on and carry out assignments to resolve and enhance employee relations through daily interaction with both hourly and salaried team members
- Help employees navigate questions surrounding leaves of absences: FMLA, ADA, Short Term Disability.
- Liaise with Management and hourly staff to provide input and feedback on HR programs and initiatives
- Understand Service Center succession management and business process improvement initiatives, including maintenance of the integrated HRIS/payroll system
- Provide effective management coaching and counsel to ensure we have the right employees and/or contractor talent in the right place at the right time to meet our Brand Promise
- Assist the HR Manager and Service Center management team, through focused work on annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and monthly objectives in support of the Service Center’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate and model Vantage’s core values with respect to our customers, our employees, and the communities in which we operate
- Provide direct supervision of HR staff to ensure the staff has the tools to meet all of our employer obligations (payroll, benefits, regulatory and government requirements, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Maintain consistent application of established policy and practices.
- Assist with implementation of new policies
Key Skills and Competencies
- Post‑secondary education in related field, preferably a University degree, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of progressive HR generalist experience
- Professional HR designation would be an asset
- Experience in food industry is a definite asset
- Knowledge of OSHA law and regulations, HazCom, and workers’ compensation regulations
- Knowledge of Federal and Pennsylvania employment standards
- Spanish/English bilingual highly desired, not required
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication, facilitation, and team building skills. A focus on results, a bias for action, a customer service mindset, and an effective personal leadership style will be required
- Good organizational skills and proficiency in Work, Excel, time keeping software, HRIS, data entry.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.