HRIS/Payroll Systems Specialist responsible for the proper flow of information into and out of our payroll system to ensure accuracy of payroll, operation, and reporting of our payroll information. This position will report directly to the Payroll/Benefits Supervisor in the Human Resource/Payroll department. A requirement of this position will entail close coordination and collaboration with other members of the Human Resource department, IT, and senior management. To be successful in this position, you must possess the ability to analyze and manipulate, spreadsheets, payroll/benefit software, spot numerical errors, and be willing to cross-train to perform other payroll related duties as assigned.
• Generation, maintenance, and running of ad-hoc and pre- established payroll reports
• Create and manage weekly Master schedule
• Support in analyzing payroll data
• Assist with regular payroll audits
• Backup for current Payroll Specialist
• Assist in the preparation and submission of all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
• Review and process Life Insurance billing, retirement funding, and 1095 reporting
• Prepare reports and forecasts for senior management
• 401K data prep
• Support and assist with maintaining the HRIS applications including, but not limited to, configuration, assessing and resolving HRIS problems, and performing scheduled activities
• Partner with HR/Payroll Supervisor and internal stakeholders to ensure that the application configuration supports business requirements
• Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches
• Create and update file feeds to 3rd party vendors
• Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries, analyzing data, and creating and running various audits
• Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries for HR Business Partners, and other departments
• Develop and maintain payroll and HRIS training materials
• 3rd party vendor interfaces
• Benefit enrollments and open enrollment administration.
• The ability to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent collaboration and team skills
• Hands-on experience with payroll software (Ultipro & ITCS preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related degree is required
• 5+ years of experience working with HRIS systems with an emphasis on configuration, reporting, support, maintenance and enhancements. A combination of experience and degree may be substitute for either.
• Proficient in payroll applications including implementation of benefits, and compensation
• Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes as well as experience with databases and report writing
• Advanced Excel skills
Normal heated/ventilated office environment. Occasionally subject to plant conditions (temperatures ranging from 28 to 50 degrees).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.