As a Forklift Mechanic, you will repair and maintain electric and propane industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, and/or cherry pickers. You will follow manuals and use hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of electrical, power transmission, brake, and other mechanical systems.
- Manage the repair of the PIT’s, including monitoring and trending, troubleshooting and repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Conduct preventive maintenance (PM’s) within manufacturer’s guidelines/specifications and established timelines to include oil changes, filter changes, calibration of equipment, belts changes, inspections, adjustments, lubrication, etc.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system
- Required to interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals
- Assist the battery technicians by assisting in battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill clean up
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AC/DC electrical systems as they pertain to the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of PIT’s
- Experience with Crown, Raymond, and Toyota PIT’s, preferred
- Knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, internal combustion motors, telescopic masts, reach mechanisms, steering systems, suspension systems, etc.
- Experience logging work orders and PMs into computerized tracking systems
This position requires long periods of standing and an exposure to all areas of service center to include: high traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions, cold temperatures, wet areas and plant machinery and processing.