Vantage Foods is a private, family‑owned business and operates four state‑of‑the‑art food processing facilities. We call these facilities Service Centers which provide unique, retail-ready service programs for fresh meats to progressive retailers; nation‑wide in Canada as well as in the southeastern United States.
Our business focus is clear: providing our retail food customers with defect‑free and safe products while delivering exceptional daily service levels at the lowest processing costs in the industry.
The Service Center Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising a maintenance crew as well as, outside contractors tasked with maintaining and improving the efficient and safe operation of the Service Center (both building and equipment related). Also assist with implementation and commissioning of various engineering projects.
- Ensure the assigned maintenance crew regularly reviews the action plan required to progress toward achieving the maintenance goals and objectives and guide any remedial action required.
- Deliver on day-to-day requirements of an approved CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) program and within our capital/operating budget requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Production team to ensure the company’s key initiatives are achieved while fully utilizing the CMMS program and within our capital/operating budget requirements.
- Within the overall maintenance team, understand and model Vantage’s core values with respect to our customers, our employees, our suppliers, and the communities in which we operate.
- Supervise the assigned crew seeking to optimize uptime and productivity on all equipment and systems.
- Manage employee relations to reflect core values, including establishing effective training/development and performance management goals for the team and the individual.
- Contribute to the company’s positive relationships with vendors to meet our maintenance and production objectives and foster effective long-term relationships with key suppliers.
- Function as an advocate and overseer of safety.
- Participate in the company’s safety team.
- Provide training and oversight in safety related functions.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Background and demonstrable familiarity with: ammonia refrigeration systems, LEAN manufacturing, HACCP, and FSIS food system requirements.
- Building operation/maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of refrigeration systems, industrial electrical systems, PLC’s.
- Understanding of case-ready production maintenance processes.
- Post-secondary education degree.
Five years supervising industrial mechanics.