Location: Belleville, Ontario
Our Management Trainee Program (MTP) is designed to provide each successful trainee with a general overall understanding of Vantage Foods’ business and processes. Our vision is to train and develop future leaders, providing them with the tools they need to be successful through representing our core values and cultural practices while obtaining the practical skills to be successful inside any department of our business.
The program outline is designed to where each trainee will spend ample time in key departments learning the basic understanding of how that department operates and how it supports the company. Each rotation for the trainee is designed for them to learn and understand the flow of business along with each department’s importance and influence.
In addition to learning the practical skills of our business, the trainee will also be participating in leadership development training with the MTP Program Manager. This program is designed to help the Trainee in their personal and professional leadership development.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of critical learning objectives for each management position in the facility
- Oversee and manage staff on obtaining production objectives such as yields, productivity, quality, and on-time delivery
- Learning and implementing Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement practices and processes
- Learning and understanding all the required food safety and quality requirements
- Understanding and following all workplace safety regulations
- Maintaining quality and presentation of product to highest standards
- Meeting Health and Safety, Food Safety, and HACCP regulations and guidelines
- Scheduling of employees and evaluations
- Training and development of production personnel
- Daily reporting and accountability for yields and labour usage
- Facilitating Continuous Improvement initiatives within an assigned production area
- Achieving operating budgets (i.e. safety, product yields, labour, and packaging costs)
- Participating in production scheduling process with the Production Manager, including issuing purchasing order release for items to support production and on-time delivery
- The procurement, storage, and movement of raw materials under HACCP guidelines and customer specifications and for the purchase of all dry supplies
- Preparing purchase orders, maintaining procurement records, and negotiating alliances with suppliers
- Participating in Continuous Improvement projects, conducting analyses, and completing assignments to reinforce Lean Manufacturing processes within the Belleville operations
Your Skills and Competencies
- Business or agricultural science degree, or military honorable discharge with equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, organization, leadership skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Food industry experience preferred
- A market competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefit package
- A well-resourced path to future career growth and a stated preference to promote from within where feasible
- Tangible rewards for demonstrated results
Purposely Shape Your Future
Join a core values driven company where employee engagement is an integral part of our culture.