Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Operational Support Specialist (OSS) supports the operations team by actively participating in the strategic and operational production planning for the facility to ensure company objectives pertaining to quality, productivity, cost, required service levels, and customer service expectations.
OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
• Assists OSS I with all tasks assigned as the needs of the business determine.
• Responsible for reporting and tracking labor data to effectively track production efficiencies.
• Responsible for reporting and tracking yield data to effectively track raw material gains/losses.
• Responsible for all aspects of the production scheduling process, including issuing purchasing order releases for items required to support production and supplier on time delivery.
• Active involvement with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing processes.
• Work with warehouse, shipping, and receiving groups to achieve continuous process improvement.
• Enforce HACCP procedures and commit to food safety at all points in the material handling chain. Knowledgeable about WHMIS and other related requirements to deal with hazardous
• Understand and ensure compliance with all company policies, relevant legislation, and the relevant terms of the customer agreement.
• Meet/exceed the Vantage Foods’ Brand and Culture Promise.
• Additional duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• The incumbent requires an in depth knowledge of computer systems and of the Microsoft Suite Office applications, particularly Excel.
• The incumbent represents Vantage with our customer and suppliers. As a result, negotiating skills, communication, and tact are a necessary skillset to be successful in this role.
• A good working knowledge of the processing floor and the production needs.
• A very high level of communications skills as the incumbent will be dealing with both internal and external customers.
• The successful incumbent will have completed a community college/university education or have an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
• 2-4 years of experience in the meat industry is preferred.
Standard heated/ventilated office environment. High traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions. Occasional exposure to plant conditions, cold temperatures wet areas, plant machinery and processes.