Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and incentives. May compute and post wages and deductions or prepare paychecks.
• Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, paid time off, insurance withholdings, pay deductions, garnishments from time sheets and other records.
• Enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
• Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Process and completes data entry affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments, wage attachments for each employee to update master payroll records.
• Processes and completes data entry for transfers of employees, PTO programs, maintains and prepares referral bonus payments.
• Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
• Keeps records of PTO, bereavement pay and nontaxable wages.
• Prepares paychecks, records and prepares check request forms for voluntary deductions and wage attachments.
• Fills out wage request, welfare forms employment verifications, etc.
• Takes a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.
• Must be able to provide strong customer service in challenging situations and deal with a variety of personalities with calm and composure.
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity to established practices
• Other duties as assigned
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to convey complicated information in simple and understandable ways to other employees. Ability to speak Spanish desired, but no required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One year payroll processing experience, preferably in a fast paced multifaceted industrial environment
• Strong user of MS Office programs, specifically, Word and Excel.
• Experience in Ultipro Workforce Management is strongly desired
• Payroll certification strongly desired.
Office environment in close proximity to meat processing areas. Occasional exposure to processing plant, industrial equipment, cold and wet environment, loud noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.