As a LEAD with Vantage Foods, you are part of a very important group. You are on the front line leading a team of employees while demonstrating positive leadership qualities that are aligned with Vantage Foods’ Core Values and cultural practices. You will need to be open to accept challenges and additional responsibilities as they arise and be dedicated to always “Act with Integrity” towards our employees, company and customer. You are also responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient throughput of products and that all standard operating procedures are being met.
You also help train new & existing staff on departmental processes as well as lead and monitor all proper food and workplace safety procedures and practices while communicating results and leading any corrective action with regard to safety, quality and production. You also help identify and report any deficiencies in existing processes and suggest alternatives/methods for improvement.
The following list of duties is intended only to describe the general nature of the job and is not all inclusive.
- You are expected to help identify, prevent and resolve production downtime situations that lead to ineffective operations. In situations where downtime is unavoidable, you are expected to report to your supervisor to find alternate tasks.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality control and assurance.
- Ensure safe work procedures are followed by all employees in all departments.
- Ensure all staff is wearing proper personal protective equipment and that GMP’s are being followed.
- Employees must work and act safely at all times and must accept equal responsibility for their personal safety and that of their co-workers.
Some key behaviours that will prevent accidents that each employee must follow are: A) keep your mind and eyes on the task, B) Keep your balance, C) Understand and discover safe working procedures, D) Keep healthy to avoid fatigue, E) avoid rushing, F) Avoid complacency, G) Avoid frustration.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Direct workforce in the absence of supervisory personnel and determine appropriate personnel to notify if problems arise.
- Understand basic crewing/staffing requirements.
- Manage and make decisions on assigned day to day operations or processes.
- Manage safety concerns.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- English language proficiency (speak/read/write).
- Leadership, communication, problem solving, organization and decision making experience.
- Collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes.
This position requires long periods of standing with exposure to all areas of the service center to include: administrative and production/processing (ie: cold, wet, high traffic, loud machinery) environments