The Production Manager (Red Meat Grinds Department) is responsible for all of the production operations within the Camp Hill, PA Service Center (SC). This includes effectively managing the day to day relationships on product yields, specifications and production volumes with all customers; ensuring that Vantage’s Brand Promise is met by the SC production staff and management at all times; and that our core values are reflected in our operating decisions, practices, policies and actions. As part of delivering on our Brand Promise, the Production Manager (Grinds) will ensure a respectful workplace for staff and customers including all food and workplace safety requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Establish, continually test, update and meet the established product yield specification on all finished products.
- Ensure staff understand and meet established product specifications, production process and procedural requirements, food quality and food safety requirements; and the requirements for a safe workplace.
- Continuously improve the production schedule to meet lean manufacturing objectives and reinforce continuous improvement processes.
- Maintain food quality and food safety requirements and meet or exceed the requirements for a safe workplace.
- Provide the daily production direction to ensure the SC meets our customer Brand Promise.
- Establish annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly objectives.
- Manage the employee relations direction and activities within the production group.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and relevant state/federal legislation.
- Compliance with Health & Safety regulations in area of responsibility – developing a safety culture where individual safety is held at the same level as production.
- Ensure HACCP requirements are met in areas of responsibility and enforce HACCP procedures with a strong commitment to food safety.
- Work with the Supply Chain Coordinator/Scheduler to ensure raw material orders, work in progress and finished goods inventory are managed effectively to meet our customers’ requirements.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure a proper preventative maintenance program is in place and can be effectively delivered with minimal disruption to the production operations.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong employee relations skills
- Supervisory/Management skills training
- Food and Workplace safety training
- Spanish/English bilingual desired but not required
- Use of payroll time keeping systems
- Minimum 2 years management experience in perishable food processing preferably with beef or pork.
- Incumbents will typically have meat processing experience, supplemented by a college / university education; or equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Experience with Microsoft office applications
- Experience in leading group, including setting team and individual objectives, managing individual and team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Refrigerated meat processing plant.
- Very cold temperatures
- Occasional office environment
- Exposure to industrial equipment, loud noises and variety of odors.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.