Location: Belleville, Ontario
As part of the Vantage Foods production team, you are part of a team producing retail-ready fresh meat products for our customers. These products include beef, pork, veal, ground beef, and fresh sausage products.
- Understand product specifications for product quality and ensures specifications are met – can review these as necessary with lead hand or supervisor, and ask questions if unsure of proper processes/procedures
- Understand customer requirements on traying, wrapping and presentation, labeling, pricing, and packaging
- Can identify shutdown switches on all equipment for emergency use
- Has a working knowledge of production equipment
- Can identify minor equipment problems and remedy them or identify them to more experienced staff
- Knows how to safely and properly operate production equipment necessary to complete tasks
Food Safety and Food Quality
- Understands and always applies food safety principles (sanitation, proper production techniques, personal and equipment hygiene requirements, etc.), understands that ‘quality is everyone’s job 1,’ and demonstrates that understanding through action and words
- Identifies and takes action on issues that may impact food safety by bringing concerns to supervisor’s attention
- Take the time to learn the proper, safe way to perform any task
- Understand and apply safe work practices and principles
- Bring a ‘safety first’ attitude to work
Your Skills and Competencies
All candidates must be motivated individuals who embody our core values of customer service, quality, and integrity.
- A market competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefit package
- A well-resourced path to future career growth and a stated preference to promote from within where feasible
- Tangible rewards for demonstrated results
Purposely Shape Your Future
Join a core values driven company where employee engagement is an integral part of our culture.