Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Meat Trainer provides classroom and on-the-job training to both new and veteran employees on all subject matters relating to meat cuts, reducing yields and product quality with Vantage Foods. The Trainer is expected to model Vantage Foods’ Core Values through exemplary performance, conduct, attendance and adherence to company policies and procedures to include food safety and product quality.
• Interaction and observation of associates through routine check- in’s to ensure that SOP’s and all established rules, policies and practices are followed.
• Works with production leadership through the onboarding and training process assisting in establishing individual performance standards, offering training and instruction.
• Conducts new hire orientation to include required equipment issuance.
• Provide on-the-job/hands-on training to new employees.
• Maintains onboarding and training documentation for all new employees.
• Assist with plant tours for prospective employees and other guests.
• Assigns employee lockers and assists in locker checks/clean out.
• Monitors product quality and gives direction to new associates on how to achieve the highest quality standards
• Reports quality issues to area supervisor for immediate address.
• Conducts safety audits
• Participates in the Safety Committee
• Monitors and addresses safety issues
• Conduct training on a wide variety of safety subjects.
• Additional Duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to work alongside a wide variety of personalities and cultures
• Strong communication skills – clear, succinct, professional and appropriate.
• Strong proficiency in understanding, reading and writing in the English language.
• Bilingual ability in either Spanish or Nepali is strongly preferred.
• Certifications/Accreditation in training, first aid, safety, equipment operation or similar are strongly preferred.
• Experience with MS Office Suite programs.
• Strong knowledge of all systems and equipment used throughout the Service Center.
This position requires long periods of standing and an exposure to all areas of service center to include: standard heated/ventilated office environment, high traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions, cold temperatures, wet areas and plant machinery and processing.