As a LEAD with Vantage Foods, you are part of a very important group. You are on the front line leading a team of employees while demonstrating positive leadership qualities that are aligned with Vantage Foods’ Core Values and Cultural Practices. You will need to be open to accept challenges and additional responsibilities as they arise and be dedicated to always “Act with Integrity” towards our employees, company and customer. You are also responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient throughput of products and that all standard operating procedures are being met.
You also help train new & existing staff on departmental processes as well as lead and monitor all proper food and workplace safety procedures and practices while communicating results and leading any corrective action with regard to safety, quality and production. You also help identify and report any deficiencies in existing processes and suggest alternatives/methods for improvement.
The following list of duties is intended only to describe the general nature of the job and is not all inclusive.
- Works cooperatively with operations on testing protocols and requirements to meet and exceed USDA and BRC quality and food safety requirements. Ensures operations management is aware of deviations from requirements
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight for Quality Assurance personnel.
- Assists Quality Assurance Supervisor on the development and implementation of food safety and quality programs and requirements.
- Interacts with USDA and customer representatives and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Assists on the training of company employees in food safety and quality requirements.
- Assists on the review and verification Quality Assurance documentation.
- Acts as a liaison to USDA inspector personnel.
- Performs food safety and quality control point checks on process as outlined in the facility HACCP plan and Quality Program requirements.
- Perform pre-operational inspection on all operations equipment, tools, utensils, and areas.
- Evaluates raw material, finished product, equipment, or tools on hold, suggests disposition, and informs appropriate management personnel as required
- Assists in data entry for all monitoring and verification activities as required. Prepares reports as necessary to record findings and recommendations from testing
- Meet or exceed USDA and BRC requirements.
- Adhere to and enforce company and facility GMP guidelines.
- Understand and apply safe work practices and principles.
- Identify potential hazards and either work to remedy them (if possible) or bring them to supervisor’s attention for action.
Position Specific Requirements:
- S. Degree in a scientific discipline such as: Animal or Food Science, Biology/Microbiology or Chemistry/Biochemistry.
- Two to four years of experience in Quality Assurance or similarly related experience in the meat or food processing industry.
- Knowledge of USDA and HACCP systems.
- BRC experience preferred.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Direct workforce in the absence of supervisory personnel and determine appropriate personnel to notify if problems arise
- Understand basic crewing/staffing requirements
- Manage and make decisions on assigned day to day operations or processes
- Manage safety concerns
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- English language proficiency (speak/read/write)
- Leadership, communication, problem solving, organization and decision making experience.
- Collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes
This position requires long periods of standing with exposure to all areas of the service center to include: administrative and production/processing (ie: cold, wet, high traffic, loud machinery) environments