Provide leadership, direction and technical expertise in establishing, monitoring and enforcing safety standards for the Camp Hill Service Center. Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations. Manager Workers’ Compensation cases. Help to establish a best-in-class safety program and culture. Reduce injury and incident rates through behavioral based observations, audits and training. Reduce claims costs through injury reduction and strong claims management.
- Support development and delivery of health and safety initiatives by providing the Service Center with functional guidance and technical expertise on all health, safety and environmental related issues
- Maintain and submit all regulatory records and reports required by the Company and OSHA including injury logs and training records
- Lead the Service Center safety committee
- Responsible for cost reduction, sustainability, ensure achievement of all safety related KRA’s and advance a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Promote hazard identification and provide guidance for corrective actions
- Manage all chemicals by approving/disapproving chemical requests, monitor storage and usage, maintain all MSDS’s
- Develop and carry out training programs and materials.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes and develop corrective actions
- Create and implement a safety business plan
- Directs audits and inspections
- Additional duties as required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on occasion to address incidents and conduct training, audits and tours.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Must possess excellent knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of behavioral based safety including general principles, audit processes, root cause analysis, incentives an accountabilities
- Demonstrate ability to assess and reduce ergonomic risk factors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to speak Spanish desired but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Physical requirements include but not limited to: regularly stand, climb, walk, distinguish color, lift up to 80 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in environmental, safety or occupational health.
- Minimum of 2 years direct safety management experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in meat processing.
- Professional certification/designation or Nursing license preferred.
Exposed to both office and industrial meat processing environments. Temperatures range from very cold to very hot, variety of odors, wet/slippery floors, industrial equipment and machinery. Exposed to inclement weather conditions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.