The Shipping Clerk is a primary point for many people related to the receipt and distribution of Vantage Foods’ product. As such, the incumbent must present a professional attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts. The Shipping Clerk is responsible for key clerical and administrative function for the Shipping department for Vantage Foods PA.
- Answer phones in a professional manner
- Accurately maintaining various documents (P.O. tracker, Special Order tracker)
- Communicate via email to external clients
- Maintain selector productivity
- Be professional while dealing with drivers/outside carriers
- Invoice trucks, build loads, sequence trucks
- Maintain confidential information that you may hear or see while performing your daily tasks
- Speak on walkie-talkie to communicate with staff
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Competencies
- Read, speak and understand English in an excellent manor
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Ability to perform repetitive and redundant tasks willingly and without direction
- Ability to work independently as the primary provider of administrative support to shipping crew
- Focus on quality and teamwork will be critical to being successful in this position.
- Spanish/English bilingual highly preferred but not required.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to deal affably with frequent interruptions
- Provide high level customer service and demonstrate professionalism in demanding and challenging situations.
- Predominately office environment
- Occasional exposure to processing facility, very cold temperature, wet/slippery floors, industrial equipment and vehicles, high levels of noise. Appropriate protective equipment will be provided.