The Staff Accountant is responsible to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports as well as assisting with monthly period end closing and related accounting activities.
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Analyzing and reconciling various accounts
• Maintaining and supporting account detail
• Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits
• Actively participate in month end closing activities
• Updating production report documentation linked to accurate financials
• Completing various accounts analysis to ensure accurate financial reporting
• Preparation of journal entries
• Annual, quarterly and month-end close and review process.
• Completing special project as assigned
• Frequent office clerical duties-data entry, filing, faxing, copying etc.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project
future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Provide support to all areas of accounting including: GL, AP, AR, Payroll, Invoicing and live accounting
• Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
• Advise management of issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Review manufacturing processes to calculate yields and standards
• Research and document packaging specifications
• Participate in completion of budget and quarterly forecasts
• Analyze monthly financial results and compare with budget and standards costs
• Research yield, cost, usage, and rate variances.
• Maintain confidentiality
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Strong proficiency with personal computer software with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and multiple applications required.
• Advanced level Excel user
• Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized
• 2 years of professional experience in accounting or cost accounting preferably in a meat/food processing environment
• College diploma or university degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience with Financial Analysis, General Ledger, and Month-end Close
Standard heated/ventilated office environment. High traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions. Occasional exposure to plant conditions, cold temperatures, wet areas, plant machinery and processes.