As a key member of the Talent Acquisition team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for planning and executing recruiting activities for hourly manufacturing employees to include Production Associates, Shipping Selectors, Forklift Operators, and other hourly roles as well providing assistance and backup to the Talent Acquisition Supervisor in recruiting efforts for specialized hourly and salaried positions at the service center.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Carry-out daily activity at off-site Recruiting Office.
- Source active and passive candidates from various resources, including, direct sourcing, employee referrals, traditional media, job fairs, chamber of commerce and internet job boards.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining diversity through focused recruitment strategies to generate a diverse slate of talent for each role.
- Suggest and recommend innovative marketing strategies to create brand awareness to target passive and active candidates.
- Carry out full life cycle recruiting processes to include sourcing, engaging the candidate, interviewing and hiring candidates for production and warehouse opportunities (to include pre-employment checks).
- Build relationships with external partnerships to include community contacts, college officials and local professionals.
- Provide Daily Staffing Reports and manage staffing plans based on production needs through partnering with Operations Managers.
- Maintain federal compliance documentation on immigration, work opportunity credits and onboarding paperwork.
- Serve as a backup to the Talent Acquisition Supervisor as well as the Outreach Recruiter.
- Post-secondary degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of full life cycle recruiting experience, preferably in manufacturing, hourly recruiting, or industrial recruiting
- Fluent in using web-based recruiting tools, including social media, job boards and applicant tracking tools along with the ability to effectively market positions to target qualified candidates.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint or similar office software is required.
- Ability to source passive candidates to include cold calling and building relationships by phone.
- Proven track record in working in a centralized, high volume, on-line recruiting function preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong partnerships with hiring managers and human resource partner to understand the needs and execute the work.
- Strong process management skills, detail orientation and time management skills. Must have demonstrated experience in prioritizing workload demands.
- Fluency in English and Spanish or Nepali is required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Standard heated/ventilated office environment. High traffic areas with many interruptions and distractions. Occasional exposure to plant conditions, cold temperatures wet areas, plant machinery and processes.